You need experienced brain injury lawyers, so you receive a fair settlement or judgment
At Carlson Bier, our attorneys have experience dealing with all sorts of situations involving brain injuries and can help walk you through the process of working with an insurance company. They know how to deal with the various tactics that these companies may use against you in order to deny or reduce your settlement amount.
Types of traumatic brain injury
There are a variety of brain injuries, but some of the most common are:
- Anoxia: This is caused by oxygen deprivation such that the brain doesn’t receive any oxygen. Cell death occurs, which can result in serious functional damage to different brain systems and possible death.
- Concussion: These are the most common type of traumatic brain injury and are caused by direct impact trauma to the head. Severe concussions can result in permanent damage.
- Contusion: Similar to concussions, they are also caused by direct impact trauma to the head. A contusion is basically bleeding in the brain in one specific area. Contusions may need to be surgically removed, as blood clot formation at the contusion site can be lethal.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries: These are caused by severe shaking or rotational forces, which creates tears in the brain when the skull grazes the edges of the brain.
- Hypoxic Brain Injury: Similar to anoxia, there is oxygen deprivation, except that it is not absolute. With a hypoxic brain injury, the brain receives some oxygen, but the oxygen levels are still dangerously unsatisfactory. Like anoxia, cell death may still occur, though at a slower rate. The eventual cell death, if left untreated, may also result in functional damage and possible death.
- Penetration Injuries: Caused by sharp objects entering the skull and brain, there may be lost tissue, shearing, tearing, and rupturing of accessory tissue. This can be fatal or may cause significant and long-term effects.
There are numerous consequences of traumatic brain injury such as, loss of memory, depression, lack of concentration, headaches, anxiety, anger issues, and personality changes. The decreased ability to focus can also decrease your motivation.
Brain injuries require experienced brain injury lawyers to ensure you receive justice.
Knowledgeable and experienced brain injury lawyers are an invaluable resource for anyone who has sustained a brain injury. Brain injuries are incredibly serious. A just settlement or judgment will allow you to recover:
- the costs of long and short term medical care
- the value of any reductions in earnings if you had to miss work or will lose your job as a result of the injury
- the cost of any pain, suffering, or losses in quality of life you experience as a result of the traumatic brain injury
There is so much complexity in lawsuits involving brain injuries that victims can easily get bogged down if they try to go it alone. Our brain injury lawyers know how to navigate the intricacies of the legal system surrounding traumatic head injuries, such as: filing a lawsuit, negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf, and protecting yourself from counter-suits by those responsible for your accident or injury. If you have sustained a traumatic head injury and need help collecting compensation or settling damages, reach out to a specialist in brain injuries today! 312-622-2900
Illinois Personal Injury
Through negotiation and litigation, our Illinois personal injury attorneys have successfully handled numerous types of serious personal injury cases.
Get In Touch
We're available to answer your questions 24/7.